CEO | Investor | Board Advisor | Digital Transformation
Recognised by Forbes as one of the 'Most Influential Expats in UAE,' Paul is regarded as one of the most significant figures in the Middle East and North Africa region's startup space. An award-winning entrepreneur, Board Member, mentor, a sounding board to founders and startups, and investor with a passion for technology-backed business ideas, he has been responsible for growing assets from 0 - sub 500 million in revenues.
Paul has spent the last 20 years working in the e-commerce (Grocery, Travel, Telco, and Daily Deals/Marketplace) sector. He also co-founded and built MENA's biggest e-commerce grocery platform that went from zero to a multi-million dollar valuation and hit a peak of 15,000 orders per day. In addition, he has had significant success in building, operating, and scaling large e-commerce platforms and in Digital Transformation projects for Fortune 20 companies globally, such as P&G.
His ability to transform companies by leading multicultural teams, engaging stakeholders, and driving significant revenue growth has gained him international recognition. He was featured in the 2018 Steve Madden' Self-Made' Campaign, which celebrated entrepreneurs changing the face of their respective industries. He was also named one of '30 under 30 shaping Ireland's future' by Ireland's most prominent publication: The Independent.
Today, Paul is a Managing Partner at ODLA - a leading Digital Transformation company. He is also a Managing Director at Afri Tea & Coffee Blenders, Tanzania's largest Coffee company.
A Few of Pauls Career Highlights:
- Building and Exiting one of the largest eCommerce companies in the Middle East - Cobone.com
- Launching, Building, and Operating the biggest Online Supermarket in Saudi Arabia - Danube Online.
- Successfully building digital assets for a P&G in 8+ countries globally
- Running a Trade Mission for the Japanese Government, bringing 12 companies from Japan to the Middle East, and securing key trade links
- Raising a VC Fund and deploying over 12 investments between that and personal deals.
- Building an optimised supply chain to one of the Largest Coffee Brands in Africa
- Successfully representing Ireland as an Enterprise Ireland Ambassador to increase trade between the Middle East and Ireland.
- Running the largest Student Entrepreneurship Event in the UAE for the Entrepreneurs Organization.
► Angel Investment
► Middle East e-Commerce
► Venture Capital
► Business Development
► Market Development
► SalesForce Optimisation